Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you shopping for a new car and having a hard time finding what you want or did you recently buy a car but had to settle for something different than what you originally wanted? A reporter wants to speak with you; please reach out to [email protected] by 10/22 for more info.

I need some rav4 opinions

magic1023magic1023 Posts: 7
edited February 2014 in Toyota

Hello all,
I am trading in my 05 trailblazer v6 4wd for a 4 cylinder in about a month or so I am leaning towards getting a 4cyl 4wd rav4 from 06-10 going from a 6cyl to a 4cyl I know I am going to save at least 5mpg. In 08 they changed the way they calculate mpg from what I hear to real world mpg.What I am asking is for some opinions from other rav4 owners on their mpg/reliability & how does their rav4 handle the snow.my weekly routine usually consists of about 40/city 60/highway.I am not all that interested in gadgets I am more concerned with mpg/reliability/ability to handle snow/and to a small degree cargo space.other vehicles I am considering are crv 08-10,equinox 10-11(though I dont really care for the awd as it lowers the mpg.I am also considering a jeep compass 07-10 I like the look of this vehicle though all the reviews I have read on them are not very favorable so I am like I said leaning towards a rav4 with what I can find anywhere between 45k & 70k miles I dont want to go much above 70k I've been trying to find a rav4 6cyl with not much luck either they are out of my $ range,too far away or too high mileage.any info you guys could give me on either rav4's you guys own or other suvs with 4cyl/4wd would greatly help.

Thank-you every opinion helps