Excited About a New Clutch in my Trooper...

matausmataus Member Posts: 43
edited February 2014 in Isuzu

First and foremost, I have a 1990 Isuzu Trooper, 5 speed manual, 2.8 liter V6

I am getting pretty excited about putting my new clutch in my truck. Not only am I replacing the clutch, but I am also replacing the tranny with a rebuilt that is sitting with only 900 miles on it. Now what on earth could be more exciting than that? I guess I could have a half-naked bazillion supermodel under my truck helping me putting it in, but hey, beggars can't be choosers! My tranny will have to make due for now!:)

Of course, I am getting everything all prepped for the install, but there was one thing I need to get replaced. 5 years back, I had replaced the clutch, and one thing I noticed, is that there was no dust plate between the engine and the bell housing of the transmission. I will not go into the details. Only that I am told that bit might be a good idea to get back in.

So, I guess my big question to ask, is what that specific plate called? I am told that is a dust plate. Others are saying that it is a flexplate??? I cannot seem to find anything online about it. I thought of going to the junk yard to pull one out, but I really don’t want to go thru the trouble removing a transmission for something like that.

If there is anyone who can help, it would be greatly appreciated! If there is anyone who can link me to a website that has the plate up for sale that would even be better.

Thanks a bunch…!

Sign In or Register to comment.