Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Service Traction Control and Engine Light on with rough idle

coffeemeplzcoffeemeplz Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet

2007 Impala SS with 55000 miles on it. Nothing but one thing after another lately. Just had a new rack and pinion put in because it was broken. Never in accident or any other reason for this other than poor workmanship on the parts.

Today I'm driving and the Service Traction Control light comes on. Car starts idling super low and rough. Happens four more times in 10 miles then service engine light comes on.

I just got my car back from the mechanic after spending over $3000 on the steering and various other "fixes'. Nevermind the complete hassle I encountered having the driver seat fixed when it was stuck all the way forward.

I realize now that the SS means SUPER SPENDY as nothing that comes up with this car is cheap. All parts are special order and more expensive. I'm so disappointed in Chevy and GM. I waited two years to buy specifically this make and model after having driven one as a rental. I drove my previous vehicle for over 11 years and put nearly 200,000 miles on it. I still got $3000 trade on it because of how well I care for my cars.

I have owned this car for 4 years and put roughly 30,000 on it. I take great care of it inside and out. It seems as though the flood gates have opened and it's game on with the hassles now. I don't know how much more I can take from this car. I fell in love with it instantly but now beginning to look at it with much remorse. Sad thing is that I could have received better trade in value a couple months ago. I should have jumped ship then.

I'm sure GM won't give a hoot about any of this either.

So Bummed