Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE starting issues

kjs2014kjs2014 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Nissan

My fiance bought a 2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE back in September of 2013. It had a little over 170,000 miles on it. We had the oil changed and she ran and started great. Due to loss of jobs for both of us we were forced to drive a total of 6,000 miles without having the oil changed. Last month it got to where every once in a while it would give me problems starting. Thought it was the starter so when I got my tax return I went and purchased a new starter and then went directly from the parts store to Wal-Mart for an oil change. And now no problems it fires right up. My concern is that if I take the new starter back and get my money back for it that it will start happening again. And I would like to know if it is even really the starter and not something else. Any help is appreciated. On a limited income and I need to know if I should start saving up for a new vehicle. Thanks!!