Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Should I buy an E63 AMG, CTS-V, or a BMW 550i?

jim93001jim93001 Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Cadillac

Hey Everyone, as the title suggests, I am looking to buy either a 2010-2011 E63 AMG, 2nd Gen CTS-V, or an F10 550i M-Package. I would like to hear your opinions on which one I should buy and for what reasons. I will be buying Pre-Owned.

Answers

• cskicski West Springfield, VAPosts: 1,550

Have you thought about the CTS-Vsport? 420 HP twin turbo 3.6. Hands down I would rather buy that than any of the used models you mentioned. If you have the dough, however, I would go for a new CTS -V with a full warranty. The 550i did not get good reviews, is immensely complicated, and weighs 450 labs more than the V-Sport. I wouldn't even consider having to pay for repairs. The E-63 is a good car, but on a Merc I always feel like owners bought the badge. I hear people all the time say "I want a Mercedes". As a statement of "I made it".

The Caddy does Zero to 60 in 4.4 seconds, taut chassis, good compromise of sport and ride. That is what I would do. Also, I would compare it to an A6/S6, just to make sure I didn't make a mistake. The only thing I really don't like about the CTS is the potential for accelerated depreciation. That's all I have to say! Lol.

Chris Skalski: Network Engineer 2012 Kia Optima EX