Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2014 Toyota Avalon Cell phone

hluff911hluff911 Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in Toyota

I just got a 2014 Avalon Limited with the tech package. I paired by iPhone 5 with no problem, but while in the car my cell phone is muted....I don't get any alert tones or text tones. When I go to settings it doesn't let me choose "messages" to set it up. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• drwilldrwill Posts: 1

I've only had my 2014 Limited for one week, and I have an iPhone 4, but my phone doesn't seem to be muted when connected to the car. I went into "Sounds" on the phone and tested my text tone and ring tone and both played through the phone. I haven't gotten a text yet while in the car, so don't know if the car somehow blocks the tone, or whether it's just that the iPhone 5 is different than the 4.

• When I test drove the 2014 Avalon Limited, I had great difficulty seeing the GPS map on the screen on a bright day. Has anyone had this problem, and is there a fix?

• gohawaiiangohawaiian Honolulu, HawaiiPosts: 84

My 2014 Avalon uploaded my contacts from my cellphone, but has sorted them by first name, rather than by last name. Is there a setting option where I can edit this so that my contacts will be sorted by last name (which I would prefer)?