Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Looking for a performance sedan

suryaksuryak Posts: 4
edited April 2014 in General

Basically I am going to buy my first car. I don't have much knowledge about cars except to drive. I am looking to buy an used car (Sedan, max is $22000, preferably AWD and manual transmission, prefer to have the mileage within 20K). Basically I drive 4 miles to and fro for work daily and go on an average of 300 miles every weekend. I am single and do not want a family car. I would prefer a good performance car and I also have plans to not have the car for more than 3-4 years. Here are the models that I am looking at

Volkswagen passat, subaru legacy, ford fusion, mazda 6, subaru WRX, Hyundai Sonata. Which one would be the best bet in this or any other suggestions?

Comments

• graphicguygraphicguy Edmunds Poster EmeritusPosts: 11,497

Your best shot at finding a car with a manual transmission from all those you listed as "target cars" is probably the Subaru WRX. That also happens to be a pretty good AWD car.

Personally, I think the paramters you set will challenge all but the largest used car dealers. So, if you're near a CarMax, that would be my first stop. Being that it's your first car, CarMax is probably the easiest entre into buying cars, too.

Good luck!

2018 Acura TLX 3.5 SH AWD A-SPEC
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 25,953

We'll some of those don't come with AWD as far as I know. You say no family car but that is how I'd classify most of those. WRX is a solid choice for budget performance AWD. I'm not sure anything else is going to meet all of your criteria.

'18 BMW 330xi; '67 Coronet R/T; '14 Town&Country Limited; '18 BMW X2. 47-car history and counting!