Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently bought/leased a new car online and requested a home delivery due to coronavirus? A reporter would like to speak to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 4/8 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Good Buy? 2000 F350 Crew Cab?

maplemaple Posts: 16
edited April 2014 in Ford
I have run across a new 2000 F350 4X4 Crew Cab through a dealer near where I live. It has an XL package, off road package, auto transmission, air conditioning, am/fm cassette, cruise and tilt, long bed, but has the 5.4 gas motor. That is why it probably hasn't sold. They have it marked down to $26,700. I live in flat Texas country, don't haul much, but need the room for family. I will usually drive it to work(24 miles commuting per day) and am not too much of a speed demon, being just past 50. I live in the country and my job requires a lot of dirt road driving. Does anyone have any comments on the way this truck is set up and what I want it for? Gas Mileage?

Comments

• greg116greg116 Posts: 116
    Well, your gas mileage will suck, because those Superdutys have the aerodynamics of a brick. I'm not sure how the 5.4 will hold up in one of those monsters, but for you it should be fine. Dirt road driving will work fine, the twin I-beam front suspension was designed for toughness and usually holds up well, but be warned, it will not be a comfortable ride.

If you haul light loads and don't really need 4x4, a good setup would be a simple Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x2 with a V6 or (recommended) V8. They have plenty of room (i'm 6'4" and find the backseat just fine), but if you really want the longbed, well then a Superduty/Heavy Duty is really the only way to go, unless you want to wait for the 2002 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab longbed. I dont like their backseat though.
  • modvptnlmodvptnl Posts: 1,352
    I would price out that truck NEW on Edmunds and add $500 to invoice and see where you are. I paid about $2000 more for a new one last year with V10 XLT but a 5 speed. Also check the actual used truck values here and NADA and KBB. Good luck.
  • bigfurbigfur Posts: 649
    How bout a 2000 F-350 4x4 Lariet diesel six speed crew cab duelly for 23995???
    didnt say mileage
  • hunter98hunter98 Posts: 273
    Have a friend who is a wholesale dealer who goes to the auto auctions and ford factory auctions. He has seen a couple of months ago. F250 Lariet CC SB 4x4 Powerstroke Auto. Fully loaded for less than $31,000 sell. Brand new, less than 100 miles. Have seen dually 350 4x4 the same sell at a similar price. They sometimes give these trucks away at the auctions. Usually 3-4000 below dealer invoice on new, and even less if they have been titled.

Hunter
This discussion has been closed.