Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

97 Altima Check Engine Light

jpjwku79jpjwku79 Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in Nissan
Can anyone tell me how to check codes on an Altima for the check engine light and airbag light?

Comments

• 0patience0patience Oregon CoastPosts: 1,712
    But the 97 is OBD2 and requires a scanner to pull the codes.

As for the airbag codes, I doubt you find very much info on the internet on the codes, the SRS system is a very touchy subject and very few mechanics want the liability of offering advice on them.

To give you an idea about the airbags, here is a little article on them. You aren't really gonna try to repair the airbag, are you?
  • steven38steven38 Posts: 11
    I have just become a new member and have had se veral "check engine" episodes with my 97 Altima. Purchase a Haynes or a Chilton manual and follow the instructions on retrieving engine trouble diagnostic codes in the "emissions" chapter. It's really quite simple. These manuals can be purchased for $15-$20.No need for expensive dealer or shop procedure via plugging into their system!Any further questions or details I might be able to provide,I'd be happy to oblige.
  • 0patience0patience Oregon CoastPosts: 1,712
    Nissan code retrieval

This page will direct you thru pulling the trouble codes from the MIL.
This discussion has been closed.