Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac Grand Prix Gas Tank

again99again99 Member Posts: 2
edited May 2014 in Pontiac

This will sound strange, but I think my gas tank holds 17 gals. I have a Grand Prix S/E - 2000 Mode. The fuel gauge stopped working, so I have been keeping track of my mileage and how much gas I put in. However, I might go 25 miles on $10, then put more in ect. I put gas in the other day and it kept stopping the pump, so I looked and it seemed to be full (I could see it in the entry point). So how many miles do you think I should go before stopping for gas? I know I need to get this fixed, but its not feasible at the moment.

Comments

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,151

@again99 said:

So how many miles do you think I should go before stopping for gas? I know I need to get this fixed, but its not feasible at the moment.

If you have a digital readout on the average gas mileage, reset that when you fill up full. If it says your average mileage after the fill up is 25 mpg, use a couple lower 23. Multiply the 23 by 10 gallons and after 230 miles, I'd fill up again. If the average after resetting the trip odometers and fuel average after a fill up is 23 on the readout, I'd use 21 and go 210 miles.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,