Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently purchased a new minivan? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by July 2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Prius base - 2006 - fuel surges / pulsing?

janbajanba Posts: 1
edited May 2014 in Toyota

I've just driven a pretty nice looking 2006 with really low mileage. Only third Prius
I've driven. This one seemed to have something that FELT like fuel line irregular flow - surging or pulsing - at any speed from 15 to 65.
With less than 30K miles, what would that be?? a problem with the interface between gas & electric? improper sensor of some sort? dirty fuel lines or perhaps batteries that need replacement?
I'm really interested in the vehicle, but fearful --given that condition. Any ideas anyone? Thanks !!

Answers

• Steve EliasSteve Elias Posts: 2,185

avoid until dealer shop inspects/diagnoses/fixes vehicle. if fuel-filter/fuel-line is indeed clogged in only 30k miles, someone must have put veeeeeery bad gas in it, maybe damaging entire fuel system.
    a possibility is that the vehicle has sat unused for long enough that too much water has condensed/accrued in the gas tank - enough to affect performance. a related possibility might be an issue with the fuel tank interior bladder that the early priuses used instead of a traditional gasoline-vapor-recovery system.