Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Can you identify this car?

logchainlogchain Member Posts: 1
edited May 2014 in General

This picture found among old family pictures. I am trying to find out what kind of car is it. I sloping front looks like a Renault, but I know that isn't right. Anyone have an idea?

Comments

• Options
    magnettemagnette Member Posts: 4,156
    edited May 2014

@logchain said:
    This picture found among old family pictures. I am trying to find out what kind of car is it. I sloping front looks like a Renault, but I know that isn't right. Anyone have an idea?

I hesitate to answer being a Brit and with the car clearly being in America and so ancient but I think this is a Franklin - they made a whole range of scuttle nosed models from about 1911 - 1920 and I would guess it is from the latter part of that period.No idea of the model though....

EDIT - Actually I have had a look in a book here and the shape of the cowl ahead of the windscreen looks like the Franklin Series 9, which is 1917 - 1920... Only a guess though

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,168

I agree, definitely a Franklin from around the late teens.

• Options
    magnettemagnette Member Posts: 4,156

@fintail said:
    I agree, definitely a Franklin from around the late teens.

I've never been to this bit of the forum...

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

This is a new discussion, created by logchain this morning.

You can explore other new ones by clicking on Recent Discussions on the right sidebar.