Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

GMC Jimmy Turn signal and horn electrical issue

jlw303jlw303 Member Posts: 3
edited May 2014 in GMC

Here are the symptoms that occurred at the same time:
1- Horn no longer works.
2- Emergency flashers do in fact work
3- When using the left turn-signal indicator, the left-rear turn-signal light works well, but both turn signal indicator lights come on in front. Same for right turn-signal indicator.
4- Cruise control works well.
5- Wipers and windshield washer works well.
What I did:

1- Replaced the turn signal solenoid
2- I replaced the turn-signal/cruise-control/wiper-control "assembly" (includes all wiring and indicator "stick" where you access all controls.

Symptoms remained the same.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

John

Comments

• Options

Also, when I activate either turn-signal (left or right), both lights flash inside he car as thou I was activating the emergency flashers.

• Options
    demolition1155demolition1155 Member Posts: 2
    I have the same problem it's been over a year and I have asked tons of people and no one know ive called multiple shops
  • Options

I found that there are two ground-wires at the base (near the floor) of the steering wheel. Each wire was attached to a d different ground-bolt. The bolts were rusted and the two wires were off the posts. I took it to a dealer who located the ground-bolts, but it took 2 1/2 hours.
    Thanks,