Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2000 Ford Explorer Limited Edition AWD shocks, I think I need new shocks

jbouffiouxjbouffioux Posts: 2
edited June 2014 in Ford

2000 Ford Explorer ltd awd shocks. I already typed all this out ha ha . I'm obviously a newbie. Anyway want to replace the shocks and looking for a smoot ride on pavement as most of my driving is that way. But occasionally I like to go on rough logging roads. Can anyone suggest to me a kind of all around shock? Please help this old newbie lol. Thanks

Answers

• steverstever Posts: 52,462
    edited June 2014

Hi @jbouffioux, welcome to the forum.

Ford engineers expended a lot of effort to design a shock to fit your Explorer's parameters. So I'd look hard at OEM replacements instead of some brand that may make a few shocks to fit a bunch of different SUVs.

This is an old post but one I always go back to.

• Thank so much your reply makes much sense. I see you used a twitter type address, I guess must learn that now too. Ah this new age of technology keeps you busy and your brai active.Thanks again for your comments

• steverstever Posts: 52,462
    edited June 2014

@jbouffioux, you're right, using the @ sign is like Twitter. When you use it here, the person you are "talking to" gets a notification that someone mentioned their name.

I'm @SteveForumsHost on Twitter but I spend so much time here I rarely post on Twitter. Usually just re-runs of stuff, lol. But yeah, it's almost as stimulating for the brain as reading a 500+ page owner's manual (which doesn't include the manual on how to use the navigation system). :)

• I have a 2000 Ford explorer limited put tires on back & they are taller than front. While driving it home It was making a dragging sound like awd is kicking in low. Need to know if I can unhook 4 wheel drive or do I need to change tires. At a loss.