Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently purchased a new minivan? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by July 2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Saab 9-3 Lights Blowing Monthly

bobbydigibobbydigi Posts: 3
edited June 2014 in Saab

Hello -

My Saab has a bad problem of blowing lights regularly. In the past 6 months the headlights/high beams have blown 5 times, the brake lights twice, tag lights and 1 side marker. I bought the at used and the previous owner has an equalizer installed but I do not use it. I see where he had wires run from the battery to feed this. I'm not saying it's the cause but could it be? What other things can I check? Voltage regulator? Alternator? How?

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• bobbydigibobbydigi Posts: 3

Also to add.... The previous owner also had an aftermarket radio installed. The way to power it is by flicking a switch where the cigarette lighter was. If I leave it on and turn he car off, the radio stays on 24/7. Weird way to install a radio??? Could it be causing my issues? Thanks