Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Road Trip Pleasure - 2014 Acura MDX AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2014 in Acura
imageRoad Trip Pleasure - 2014 Acura MDX AWD Long-Term Road Test

1,200 miles along the Eastern Sierras in a 2014 Acura MDX. Surprisingly flexible with cargo and seating.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    vvkvvk Member Posts: 196

Well, this is basically a minivan styled to look like an SUV.

• Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863

@vvk - Of course. We have a Pilot and bought it for the same reasons as everyone does - we didn't want an Odyssey. Part of it is the "minivan" name, part is just how it looks. The Pilot looks "boxy" which we like. The reality is that few people actually need a Sport Utility Vehicle and VERY few people actually need a $35k+ (or $55k for the MDX) off road vehicle.

• Options
    6sptl6sptl Member Posts: 27

@vvk said:
    Well, this is basically a minivan styled to look like an SUV.

Don't forget; a SHAWD minivan, a huge difference when you live in a place that had 7 mths of snow roads this winter. In addition, the fact that it goes like stink and can drive circles around real minivans plus its more comfortable, quieter and has seriously better audio are not little things either.

• Options
    upnorth85upnorth85 Member Posts: 12

The build quality of a Honda is far better than an Acura. I have had 3 Honda's before and in all 3 I never used the purchased extended warranty. In my Acura that I purchased yesterday, the Advance model came with a defective Entertainment system. I noticed whit body paint droplets caked on the headlamp cover. It was me who found both defects. Acura lacks the finesse of our other vehicle, a Lexus RDX. We had a far better new vehicle experience and subsequent 18 months. Acura damages the Honda brand unlike Audi, Infinity and Lexus. I am hoping here on there are no further problems. I purchased an Advance over Lexus for the longer maintenance interval and the lane keeping feature which Lexus does not have in the RX.