Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Power computer isues 2005 BMW 535d

slancioslancio Member Posts: 1
edited June 2014 in BMW

My BMW 535d seems to be having power issues. While driving the computer fails... I loose all systems... Auto trans, steering, brakes, tire monitor, GPS etc. Sometimes all the lights flash. I need to pull over and restart the car so computer reboots. Until it happens again. Can't drive fast with transmission in this condition. I notice if I accelerate fast it seems to provoke the reaction. Before this began to happen, the date and time had to be reset after parking the car overnight a few times. I also notice the battery warning light when pulling over to reboot computer. I had it to the dealer now twice. First time they failed to fix it. They just serviced the car. When pulling out of parking lot of dealer it happened again. I brought it right back. Then they replaced a relay switch that they said was hot. That did not do it. I bought it back again. They've now had the car four days. This is BMW Dijon, France. Can it be this is a bad dealership? I find it strange that they can not find the problem... esp now that it is easy to cause it to happen. Any ideas?