Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Calling all dodge owners.....to GMC?/commercials

chevytruck_fanchevytruck_fan Member Posts: 432
edited April 2014 in Chevrolet
I just saw the most hilarious commercial in my life, it was for GMC and they were talking about how much better the GMC is, then at the end it said we will give you 1,000$ of a new GMC if you currently drive a dodge, what a good laugh I had.

Anyway, thought we could talk about truck commercials, your likes dislikes, etc.

Comments

• jcmdiejcmdie Member Posts: 594
    Well I suppose paying thier customers is about the only way GMC can bring people in. And knowing the Chevy/GMC product, I understand. Now you see Ford and Dodge don't need to pay thier customers.......
  • chevytruck_fanchevytruck_fan Member Posts: 432
    that must be why GM is outselling Ford and Dodge in trucks right?
  • davids1davids1 Member Posts: 411
    Oh, but Dodge is paying their customers. $2000.00 customer cash. $500.00 dealer cash. I can say this because I own a Dodge and love it, even with the few quirks it has. We should be driving our trucks, not surfing the web.
  • eagle63eagle63 Member Posts: 599
    Ford will likely surpass GM as the #1 auto manufacturer in about 5-8 years.
  • greg116greg116 Member Posts: 116
    These latest ads just piss me off. I saw the one about GMC paying for your Dodge. theyre just doing this while they can because they know the 2002 Ram is going to take away what few sales they (GMC only) have.

Anybody seen the one where the brand-new Ford Super-Duty pulls the twelve-year-old Chevy and its boat out of the water after it slid down the boat ramp? The couple who own the chevy remark "That sunk fast.", and the Ford driver (an apparently single man) mutters "like a rock.", followed by the BS about ford SD's having "The most torque in it's class", even though any Silverado HD owner knows it's total crap. I cant stand that commercial at all.
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    Well i guess ford is getting chevy back

remember the commercial about a yr ago.

Snow storm ford tow truck stuck. Chevy 2500 comes along and pulls him out. Ford guy says "i have to get me one of those"
  • rassom1rassom1 Member Posts: 35
    GM specifically is squirming again. When the present ram came out in 93 as a 94, they went from selling i believe is about 70,000 a year to about 400,000 a year. this is a tribute to dodge because when the 2002 come out there going to raise the bar again. When the present ram was released it took away a lot of GM and Ford sales, whether you want to admit it or not.
    eagle63, I'm glad you have no factual data about this, how about that Ford sales are down 11-13% so far this year and GM sales are down 6%,or the fact that Ford lost market share, and GM's market share for Q1 increased to 29.1 (I think last years Q1 was something like 28.7 or something)

rassom1-The current ram's change in the early 90's changed a lot of things, and added a lot of things that made trucks more personal. The next generation ram isn't going to be a far departure, and their not really changing much from previous years. And their new engines aren't as powerful as the current crop of GM's, back in the early 90's the engine lineup really blew away the competition, not so.

The next generation ram is going to lose a lot of customers that currently drive dodges for a couple reasons. (A buddy at college who owns I think it is a 97 1/2 ton 4x4 35in tires etc was appauled by these changes and said his next truck is Chevy or Ford)
    No 4.10 gears in the rear end. Cutting bed lengths to allow for a bigger extended cab. Solid front axles is gone, that got dodge a lot of sales. The new styling though not a far departure, he said the front grill is way to big and hood is too sloped sloped now.

Not too mention dodges automatic transmissions as part of the deal.

Dodge might get back up to 400,000 sales, but it isn't going to steal any significant sales for dodge.

And though I give dodge credit for taking some sales away from Ford and GM what you have to relize is that pickup sales exploded during the early 90's, even when the ram came out, GM and Ford had a boom in pickup sales also. Dodge just caught a lot of that market by non tradition stlying and nice built in features that people that were just commuting in trucks wanted.
  • goo333goo333 Member Posts: 7
    In 1975 I bought a 1975 GMC 3/4 pickup 4x4. I just bought a 2001 2500HD GMC 2500 HD 4x4 pickup-not much improvement in 26 years-maybe to much money spent in advertizing and not in improvement to the product?
    I'm not just talking about domestic pickup sales, or recent fluctuations in sales levels. I take my quote directly from Wall Street analysts who are of the consensus that Ford will surpass GM within the decade. Long term, GM has been losing market share to Ford. This was not meant as a slam against GM, just something to provoke a little discussion.
    BTW, the Dodge Ram is a commuter truck? Wow, never thought I'd hear someone say that!
  • cspauldingcspaulding Member Posts: 159
    Petersen's 4Wheel & Off-road

Ford claims it still has the highest towing capacity (12,500) & highest payload in it's class...

Of course my 2000 Chev. cc can hardly pull itself, amazing it can pull a trailer.
    notthe current one, but the next generation certainly is
    how is the new (2002) Ram any more of a commuter truck than the Silverado? GM has been marketing that smooth, car-like ride in their trucks for a couple of years now.
    lets see cutting the bed length to make the extended cab longer? come on, talk about weak. no 4.10 gears two strikes right there that make it a dodge tundra.
    2002 will have IFS if you didnt know

i guess the new rams will be weak then
    the upcoming ram
    yes I know the new ram will have IFS. -that's why I said I'm not a big fan. you can rip on the new ram all you want, I'm merely defending the current model - which I think takes a lot of undeserved abuse.
    However, at least you can still get the 2500 or 3500 Ram model if you want to keep the solid front axle. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe even the 3/4 ton and 1 ton silverado HD's still have IFS.
    I'm honestly not trying to start a war or anything; I even like the 'rado. But I like sticking up for the Ram because it tends to get ripped on by a lot of people who have never owned or even driven one.
  • jcmdiejcmdie Member Posts: 594
    SFA will be available only in the 3/4 and 1 ton Ford and Dodge. Chevy/GM stopped SFA years ago.
    sorry i wasnt ripping on anything just wasnt sure if you were away of what i said
    I don't know what the auto maker are doing, Ford stopped SFA in 80's, GM continued till 87, then ford started again in 98 and it just goes around and around. no matter what people try to make of it, unless you are rock crawling you won't be able to tell the differnce in ruggedness.
This discussion has been closed.