Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Los Angeles to New York in Pictures - 2013 Tesla Model S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2014 in Tesla
imageLos Angeles to New York in Pictures - 2013 Tesla Model S Long-Term Road Test

Cross-country road trip in our long-term 2013 Tesla Model S electric car, using the newly completed Tesla coast-to-coast supercharger network.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    miata52miata52 Member Posts: 114

Good job guys...it was cool following you on Twitter.

You're driving back? Y'all are a glutton for punishment...

• Options
    gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514

The Somerset PA Supercharger is the one closest to me. I wasn't sure if it was completed yet - good to see that it is.

Nice set of photos.

• Options
    mayhemmmayhemm Member Posts: 6

What's your opinion on the new tires?

• Options
    throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445

Thanks for the pictures! How's the seat comfort? That makes or breaks long trips for me.

• Options
    ghillsghills Member Posts: 1

So youre paying zero for all the fuel/electricity at these superchargers?! That's flipping incredible

• Options
    teslafanteslafan Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2014

"We made it from Las Vegas to the Beaver, UT @TeslaMotors Supercharger with 9 miles to spare. #evxcountry"

You got lucky! DON'T TRY THIS TRIP IN WINTER! YOU WILL RUN OUT OF JUICE, DUE TO RUNNING THE HEATER AND WINDSHIELD DEFROSTER!!! AND THEN, STUCK IN THE MIDDLE OF SOME MOUNTAINS.

• Options
    teslafanteslafan Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2014

So, how many extra hours did you spend in all for these charges? When on these long trips, every minute counts. Imagine driving till 2 a.m. instead of being in hotel bed by 1 a.m. That 1 last hour can be crucial - if you fall asleep at the wheels, you are a gonner!