Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

I'd Buy It Over a ZL1 - 2014 SLP Panther Camaro Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited June 2014 in Chevrolet
imageI'd Buy It Over a ZL1 - 2014 SLP Panther Camaro Long-Term Road Test

I'd buy a 2014 SLP Panther over a Chevy Camaro ZL1

Read the full story here

Comments

• fordson1fordson1 Posts: 1,512

And then again, I haven't heard of ZL1s shedding supercharger drive belts and having trim pieces falling off of them.

And saying that in testing on a different day, different weather, probably different track and driver, one car running two tenths and 1+ mph faster in the quarter means it "outran" the other one...come on.

Plus the ZL1 is cheaper by a bit and doesn't look like it was styled by Mattel.

• goaterguygoaterguy Posts: 64

All is well but I would prefer the magnetorheological dampers of the ZL1

• edamonedamon Posts: 22
    I'm a Ford guy, but a ZL1 for 20% off MSRP and anything else you can get.. and there is a lot there. I'd switch in a heart beat. Sure, it barely makes advertised HP, but it makes enough - great suspension and most importantly - incredible block and rotating assembly. Upgrade to a 2.2L+ S/C like a Whipple from the 1.9 and not that efficient - you'll make hellcat+ numbers easy. With a suspension.. imo - that good of a deal, it's the best value on the market.
  • edamonedamon Posts: 22
    speaking of which - anyone know the lease numbers on them? 10K year - 24 and 36 mo. Thanks,
    damon