Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

So Many Buttons! - 2015 Porsche Macan S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,112
edited June 2014 in Porsche
imageSo Many Buttons! - 2015 Porsche Macan S Long-Term Road Test

The Porsche Macan's interior has a great many buttons, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Read the full story here

Comments

• cjasiscjasis Posts: 274

I agree. One other thing worth mentioning is that while it does look like a lot of buttons, it's pretty much immediately familiar to any current Porsche owner. And Porsche is doing its best to woo the guy who drives a 911 on the weekends but MB SUV monday through friday into a full, P-car household.

• ebeaudoinebeaudoin NE IllinoisPosts: 509

I also agree. I don't like too many buttons, and I really don't like solely touchscreen. I love the control layout in my 2001 Toyota Camry LE and 2010 Honda Odyssey LX. So simple! But hey, I'm a simple kind of man.

• One thing I liked about my '08 and then '10 MDX was the buttons. When they changed for '14, I started looking around & found the Macan. Best choice I ever made. Haven't been so impressed with a car since my '98 E36 M3. I make up places to go just to drive it.

• drcomputerdrcomputer Posts: 82

And I'm sure you still like burning fossil fuels too, and starting fires with matches, and pumping water from a well. Life evolves and buttons are a thing of the past in modern cars.

• I'll take buttons over a touch screen any day. Porsche could have replaced some of those airflow buttons with one "MODE" button though. If I have to have a touch screen I prefer the iPad like screen on Tesla. Go big or go home.

• darthbimmerdarthbimmer Posts: 606
    edited June 2014

Wow, that console looks busy. I might've guessed it was 'shopped if you didn't tell me.

• joner800joner800 Posts: 80

to me, it just seems that the space conserved by a touchscreen makes it worthwhile. why would you want to eat up all that space on the center console when it could house two large cooled and/or heated cupholders? UConnect!