Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008-'14 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Among Vehicles Recalled for Corrosion Problem

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,127
edited January 2015 in Subaru
Subaru of America is recalling 660,238 vehicles in the U.S., including the 2008-'14 Subaru Impreza WRX STI because the brake lines may fail due to corrosion.

Read the full story here

Comments

• I don't understand how the selection of certain states were determined. Shouldn't Virginia be included in those, as well as any other state that uses salt/chemicals to treat their roads in the winter?
  • steverstever Posts: 52,457
    edited January 2015
    That always bugs me too @lawhalls. My last Subaru lived in three states and my current van has lived in two (one heavy on the salt). Now I get ignored just because I moved to the desert? I don't think the NHTSA lends enough weight to the mobilty of US drivers.
  • ira41985ira41985 Posts: 1
    i had problem about my Subaru, forester . the brake light didn't work at all when i had pushed the brake so hard, why people are doing such a crap to others.
  • doc_weezadoc_weeza Posts: 1
    Living in Indiana with this 2012 Subaru Impreza that along with many other problems has a brake-line malfunction and hasn't been recalled. I do not know why, unless its because this vehicle was 'ordered' instead of purchased from a lot. I wonder if anyone has noticed other problems like; weak battery, coolant leaks, faulty factory tires, poor paint job, oil turns dark, squelching air-condition compressor, low MPG, & amongst many others I wonder if my air-bags work?