Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1998 Pontiac Bonneville Starts Up For A Few Seconds And Shuts Off

que69que69 Posts: 2
edited July 2014 in Pontiac

I have a 1998 pontiac bonneville that normally runs perfect.
I went outside to start it up and it started but shut off,like 5 sec later.... My power windows not working, my music work so its not my battery. I am clue-less and going crazy. Before this happend i went to autozone just for a code reading i remeber something about low pressure something about fuel i cant remember. I know i have a whole in my gasline but not sure. Like if i am pumping gas fast if i look under my car i see little drips dripping out but if i pump slow it wont do that. I am wondering if this have anything to do with it. O:an i realized that my gas cap was missing an it couldve been missing for a day or two prior to my car starting.
Help help help help please :(

Comments

• que69que69 Posts: 2

@que69 said:
    I have a 1998 pontiac bonneville that normally runs perfect.
    I went outside to start it up and it started but shut off,like 5 sec later.... My power windows not working, my music work so its not my battery. I am clue-less and going crazy. Before this happend i went to autozone just for a code reading i remeber something about low pressure something about fuel i cant remember. I know i have a whole in my gasline but not sure. Like if i am pumping gas fast if i look under my car i see little drips dripping out but if i pump slow it wont do that. I am wondering if this have anything to do with it. O:an i realized that my gas cap was missing an it couldve been missing for a day or two prior to my car starting.
    Help help help help please :(