Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Anyone used Langka before?

ha6ha6 Member Posts: 2
edited April 2014 in Chevrolet
hi,

i was wondering if anyone used langka before? how good is it in removing scratches?

Comments

• gpvsgpvs Member Posts: 214
    Is that some kind of fruit?
  • bretfrazbretfraz Member Posts: 2,021
    I think its the character played by Andy Kauffman on "Taxi".
  • kruzer1kruzer1 Member Posts: 7
    I just got some Langka and am going to try it this weekend. Got a rock chip in the hood of my brand new 2001 Impala at 70 miles(Ouch!). I'll let you know what I think. Langka doesn't fix chips or scratches in and of itself, you use it to finish your touch-up paint job. Check the following web site for a great explanation with pictures.

http://home.hawaii.rr.com/impala/Welcome.html

Scroll down and click on the touch-up paint bottle. I have the identical chip on an identical car. Pretty weird, huh? Wish me luck.
  • ha6ha6 Member Posts: 2
    that would be great if you could let me know what the outcome is? just got a new 2001 spyder and there's a little scratch on the trunk. thanks
  • night_owl1night_owl1 Member Posts: 760
    Heya,

I am the owner of the aforementioned website. Langka does work and works well. All it does is flatten out the blobs that the touchup paint creates. It doesn't harm the paint surrounding the chip and it's really easy to use. I was a bit skeptical at first, and the big "As seen on TV" really didn't help. But I love it and highly recommend it. (Now THAT sound's like an infomercial)

If you want more info or have questions, drop me a line. My e-mail address is on the site.
  • armtdmarmtdm Member Posts: 2,057
    I have never been able to get it to work correctly. It does no damage but every time I use it the paint is totally removed on the spot I touch up, never been able to smooth it out the way they claim. must have a huge, huge amount of patience
  • kruzer1kruzer1 Member Posts: 7
    Ditto, armtdm. I wasn't able to get a good result. Langka does remove the touch up paint, but just made it look worse. It may be the high metalic content of my Impala's silver paint, or the curved location of the chip, but after four careful attempts I gave up and just left the dabbed touch up without applying Langka. Maybe results are better on a solid white or black color.
This discussion has been closed.