Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lame Cupholders - 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2014 in Chevrolet
imageLame Cupholders - 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Long-Term Road Test

Our 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray has lousy cupholders.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863

I disagree. We Americans love our drinks and I'd expect a Corvette driver to frequently have SOME sort of liquid in there. Whether that's a bottle of water, cup of coffee or 32 oz soda from a fast food joint is up to the driver, but that's very disappointing if no effort was put into the design of it.

• Options
    tatermctatumstatermctatums Member Posts: 107

My C5 Z06 had the worst cupholder ever designed. It was maybe an inch deep and had a slightly larger diameter than a can of soda. It was only useful while sitting still. The only thing I was able to successfully keep in there while the vehicle was moving was one of those mini 8 oz soda cans. If your beverage was anything larger, especially taller, all but the most tepid acceleration would cause the drink to exit the cupholder. Spirted driving, particularly launches, would turn the drink into a projectile that would promptly find itself back with the taillights, literally.

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited July 2014

The worst were the in-dash cupholders on the Audi Q7; one little spill and you'd short out the MMI just below the cupholders to the tune of a $1,000 repair bill.

• Options
    greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531

Every car has some things that aren't perfect. Dealbreaker? Hardly.

• Options
    speednetspeednet Member Posts: 52

I agree with tatermctatums. My C5 had the worst cupholder of all time. The C7's on the other hand is just fine. I'm not getting the criticism about it. I actually think it's just perfect.

• Options
    corollamikecorollamike Member Posts: 29

When I go to a new restaurant, I usually order a hamburger, if they offer one. If a restaurant can make a good hamburger, I reason they can make whatever else I'd like pretty well, too. If a car maker cannot bring themselves to make a good cup holder, how good, really, is the rest of the car? It's called attention to detail, and if they stumble on the easy bits, they're not much on the really important ones, either.

• Options
    speednetspeednet Member Posts: 52

corollamike, I'm not sure you know how ridiculous that sounds.