Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Power Door On/Off Switch - 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2014 in Nissan
imagePower Door On/Off Switch - 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Long-Term Road Test

Wonder what the purpose is of the

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    barich1barich1 Member Posts: 143

Now these are the sort of buttons that could live in a menu on a touchscreen to declutter things a bit. Not, say, climate and radio controls like some manufacturers do.

• Options
    bc1960bc1960 Member Posts: 171

If you have a low garage clearance, maybe you don't want people hitting the auto-open button without thinking? Depends on how far it can open and how teachable the stopping point is. The damn spoiler on my Mazda6 5-door just hits the garage door inside handle when the liftgate is fully open (6'4" bay openings). A CUV liftgate probably opens to a smaller angle, but its hinge point is higher up and the backlight is raked differently. Looking at the dimensions and the rear profile of the Rogue, if the liftgate rises to where the rear is parallel to the ground or higher, it would probably hit the stowed open door in my garage.

• Options
    fchowfchow Member Posts: 1
    I own the 2014 Rogue for over 6 years since new, thank for mention that I save hundreds of dollars if I have to bring it to a garage to fix it.