Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Well Suited For Long Highway Drives - 2014 Toyota Highlander Limited Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2014 in Toyota
imageWell Suited For Long Highway Drives - 2014 Toyota Highlander Limited Long-Term Road Test

The 2014 Toyota Highlander is quiet and roomy. It could be a great choice for a summer road trip vehicle, especially if you're hauling along kids and luggage.

Read the full story here

Comments

• emajoremajor Member Posts: 332

"However, in our official Edmunds testing, the Highlander posted a very quiet decibel reading at highway speeds. So I'm not sure what to think, honestly."

Believe your ears. I never place much stock in the db ratings of cars for quietness. It tells you nothing about the type of sound entering the cabin or under what conditions it occurs. This is something buyers really need to experience for themselves on a test drive.

• legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599

It's been a while (5 years) since I shopped 3 row CUVs but I found the the CX-9 (which I bought) to be the most engaging drive while the Acadia/Enclave (no Traverse yet at the time) had the most compliant and quiet ride for long highway trips. How does the new Highlander fit in that continuum? I can say that the 2009 Highlander was not as pleasing to drive as either of the above-mentioned cars.