Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you have a lease expiring and got offered the chance to extend it for a month or more? A journalist from a national media outlet would like to chat; please reach out to [email protected] by 4/13 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Help. VW Jetta stalls.

leeroy10leeroy10 Posts: 2
edited July 2014 in Volkswagen

i have a 2000 jetta that stalls after a few mins of driving. it start right away has to sit for anthor five to ten mins then will fire right up. i will drive for anthor 5 to 10 mins then it shut off again then start up after a few mins and so on . i have replaced the fuel pump and also the fuel relay aswell now im at loss any ideas

Answers

• leeroy10leeroy10 Posts: 2

also replaced the coil pack

• ClairesClaires Chicago areaPosts: 1,222

Not sure if this is the same problem, but I had a 2002 that just turned itself off a couple of times while driving between 25 and 45 mph.. Each time, I was able to start it up right away, and it ran fine for a few months before it happened again. Replacing the ignition switch seemed to fix it.

Need help getting around? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review