Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Universal Vehicle Recall Status Web Site Now Open for Consumers | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited August 2014 in General
imageUniversal Vehicle Recall Status Web Site Now Open for Consumers | Edmunds.com

Car owners and shoppers can now check the recall status of any passenger vehicle or motorcycle sold since 1999 on a Web site launched this morning by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• tatermctatumstatermctatums Posts: 107
    edited August 2014

Just put my VIN into the site to try it out, fully aware of the fact that my car has 2 open recalls on it (yes parts are available I just haven't had a chance to get my car in to get them addressed). According to the site I have 0 recalls on my car. Its a great idea but only if it works. Misinformation is worse than no information.

EDIT: I doubled checked my findings against the recall lookup on VW's site. Technically VW calls the things I need to have done Service Campaigns and not recalls, which is why they may not show up on that site.