Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently bought/leased a new car online and requested a home delivery due to coronavirus? A reporter would like to speak to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 4/8 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

I just bought a 98 VW New Beetle, had to tow it home. It starts and immediately dies.

hippiechic1hippiechic1 Posts: 1
edited August 2014 in Volkswagen

I changed the fuel filter, made no difference. The fuse looks fine. I cannot find the fuel pump relay to save my life. any help locating it would be great. as well as any suggestions, I am really stressing here, never bought a car that won't run, even my bread box with half the carb missing started and ran. HELP!!!! (please)

Answers

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 20,225

All any of us can do here is guess. It could be a number of things. You really need to have a competent shop give it a looksee.

Throwing random parts at a problem can get expensive and only add to your frustration.