Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

First Scheduled Service - 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited August 2014 in Nissan
imageFirst Scheduled Service - 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Long-Term Road Test

With 10,000 miles on the odometer, our 2014 Nissan Rogue was due for its first scheduled service.

Read the full story here

Comments

• $29.95 for an oil change and tire rotation at the Dealership? Yeah, okay. Two options: 1) Your first oil change was free and this was the cost of the tire rotation (it was over $40 after taxes at our Honda dealership for our "free" oil change + tire rotation). 2) That coupon was the "Edmunds" coupon. Sorry, but an OEM filter + Mobil 1 would be $30 at wholesale cost alone. That's no markup and free tire rotation at $30. Remember how we were making fun of $150 first visits. Yeah...

• bankerdannybankerdanny Posts: 1,021

Actually, $30-$50 sounds about right. $110 for an oil change and tire rotation is outrageous, particularly on a mass market brand like Nissan. It's really not defensible when it's Porsche either, but at least it makes a kind of sense that a company that charges $500 for options that should be standard on a $80k+ vehicle would get $110 for an oil change.

• schen72schen72 Posts: 433

$40 is the going price for a tire rotation at Honda/Acura service centers. Just so you're aware, you can try negotiating this cost. My tires from WheelWorks come with free lifetime rotations, so I told the advisor if he can do the rotation for $20, otherwise I'll take the car to WW for the free rotations. That day, I felt lazy and was willing to pay $20 to avoid going to a second location.