Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Help! 2014 or 2015 Volvo XC60?

moneypenny02moneypenny02 Member Posts: 4
edited August 2014 in Volvo

So I am pretty positive that I will be purchasing a Volvo XC60 this weekend, and had planned on a 2015, but I am now torn as to whether I should go with a 2014 if I can get an excellent deal.

I am primarily looking into the base FWD in either year, with BLIS added. The main difference that I see between them is the gas mileage--which is a kind of big deal for me. Its a substantial difference, particularly with city driving, which I do a lot of. I think that the 2015 has the eco start/stop option, but its unclear to me if the 2014 does as well.

Are there any other substantial differences between the 2014 and 2015? How much extra do you think the 2015 is "worth"?

Added to this, many of the 2014s that I see leftover are Premier, so that is a bit of an "upgrade" from the 2015 base T-5 FWD, but I can't really see anything that is substantially different to add much value from my perspective. Leather seats seem to be the biggest deal, but I am not that impressed by leather. If there is something that makes the 2014 Premier better than the 2015 FWD base, then I would love to know.

Thanks in advance!!!

Comments

• Options
    prannerpranner Member Posts: 1

I don't know if you went ahead already, but I am quite happy with our FWD T5 Drive-E 2015.5. I too do a lot of city driving, and I'm averaging 24.9 MPG with regular gas. I love sitting at a red light and not burning any gas. So the technical differences are great with a big plus toward 2015 IMO. For the trim levels, the difference between the previous Premier model and 2015 base you're describing is mainly equipment and subject to your personal preferences. But if you're anything like me, even if I would get a deal initially, to get 17 MPG for the life of the car would be too much of a source of frustration. Depending on how much you drive though, the end $$$ spent on purchase and driving the car over a few years may be the difference between 6 and a half dozen. Do the math, and buy what will make you feel good.

• Options
    lcw1lcw1 Member Posts: 36
    Pranner: Can you please say how you like your T5 Drive-E 2015.5 and what options are on it? I am interested in this car and would like to know your opinion or any other owner. tnx