Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Z (2003)

pocahontaspocahontas Member Posts: 802
edited March 2014 in Nissan
Although the production version has not yet been officially announced, Edmunds takes a closer look at the concept model... "with which it will likely share many much of its design." Here's a direct link to Edmunds.com's First Look of the 2003 Nissan Z, by Erin Mahoney. What do you think?

Thanks for your comments! ;-)

Pocahontas

Host

Hatchbacks / Station Wagons Message Boards

Comments

• bigsmoothbigsmooth Member Posts: 14
    Nissan is really turning it around. The new Sentra is much more successful than the last generation, the Zterra is still selling well, and the new Altima, Infiniti Q45 and this striking Z all look amazing.

The car itself looks gorgeous on the outside, paying tribute to its roots while achieving an overall post-modern appearance both inside and out. And of course, RWD is always a good thing in sports cars and Nissan makes some of the best engines in the business.

Probably the best thing about this car, though, is the price. It's outstanding that they are keeping the base MSRP under $30K. However, I imagine that the demand for this car will keep it selling above $30K for a while. :)
  • pocahontaspocahontas Member Posts: 802
    Here's an another Nissan Z article, to include video highlights, from Edmunds.com's coverage of the 2001 North American International Auto Show: Nissan Z.

Please note: you'll also find this information in the Additional Resources box on the left side of this page. Keep a look out for other Nissan Z features and articles soon to be linked/posted in that area. Happy Motoring!

To bigsmooth- Thanks for your informative feedback... good comments! ;-)

Pocahontas
    Host
    Hatchbacks / Station Wagons Message Boards
  • sloankrsloankr Member Posts: 8
    The 2003 Z looks interesting. My all-time favorite car was a '72 240Z.

BUT...the "hatchback" features look minimal (from pictures and descriptions of the concept model).

I only need 2 seats (again! huzzah!) - but I also need room for my tuba! It's not really a lot of "cubic feet" - or even pounds - but it comes in one moderately bulky package. I'm *only* considering hatchbacks for my next car because of the "sphincter" presented by most sedans - even those with large trunks.

I'm sure it would have fit easily in the 240Z - but I'm not sure about the 2003 Z.

As a rough guide, the required space is roughly 3'x2'x2' - all in one solid "brick"
  • bigsmoothbigsmooth Member Posts: 14
    I see I wrote "Zterra" instead of "Xterra"... I don't think Nissan is really coming out with a 2-door roadster/SUV hybrid. ;)
  • qin2qin2 Member Posts: 26
    Many people don't like the prototye's color choice, not realizing Nissan choose this color as it was what the very first 240Z had. You can find the Z transformed into a full spectrum of colors here.

Also coming out at the same time as the coupe will be a convertable, there's an altered photo showing what the convertable may look like. You can find that here
  • suprchrgdsuprchrgd Member Posts: 8
    This is making me rethink the deposit I put down on the Merc C230-Coupe.

Sharp design... 30k? V6 Twin Turbo like the old Z's? seriously???
    Well, in addition to participating here..., feel free to start up a "Nissan Z vs Mercedes C230" discussion if you'd like. Good luck. ;-)

Pocahontas
    Host
    Hatchbacks / Station Wagons / Women's Auto Center Boards

• hoverdrivehoverdrive Member Posts: 16
    I do not believe the supercharged model, if one is offered, will retail for anywhere close to 30K. They are probably refering to an entry level, no-option model at that price range. I hope I am wrong, but I doubt it.
  • hoverdrivehoverdrive Member Posts: 16
    Wow, it has been a while since I have visited the Town Hall. I see you are now a host pocahontas. Congratulations!!
    Thanks for your message..., and see ya around Town Hall! ;-)

Pocahontas

Host

Hatchbacks / Station Wagons / Women's Auto Center Boards

• amelenamelen Member Posts: 6
    The car looks really good.. but does anyone know if its 2 person or 4?

It wouldn't be very practicle for it to be 2 person.. but i guess that market (2 person sports cars) is doing very well right now...

Does anyone know if they plan to release a 4 seat one?
  • sloankrsloankr Member Posts: 8
    Still looking for firm specs on the maximum size package one can stuff into the 2003 Z's hatch.

My 1971 240Z was one of my all-time favorite cars (except for it's lack of resistance to rust...) and I can now justify a 2-seater again. But...I need to occasionally haul somthing like a 2x2x3 box (not an exact measurement - but ballpark). I'm moderately sure that the old 240Z would handle it just fine.

Any good measurements available? Anywhere?
  • revkarevka Member Posts: 1,750
    in this ongoing Nissan 350Z discussion. Thanks!

Revka

Host

Hatchbacks & Station Wagons Boards

This discussion has been closed.