Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Performance Testing - 2015 Kia K900 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Kia
imagePerformance Testing - 2015 Kia K900 Long-Term Road Test

Our 2015 Kia K900 just passed its engine break-in point. That means taking it to our test track to get performance figures.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021

Not bad. The Kia isn't markted as a sports sedan. In real world driving the Kia will be poised, comfortable, and admirably quick, pretty much what your dirvers have said and whay K900 buyers are likely to want.

• Options
    misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471

Really, this is not bad considering those Hankooks are designed for ride comfort & mileage...not to mention cost savings. I'm surprised those are the OEM tires on a car this expensive.

• Options
    bassracerxbassracerx Member Posts: 188

with that big a v8 you would think it would be a little bit faster

• Options
    donszr1donszr1 Member Posts: 12

I'm pretty impressed that this car is as fast as my 1987 Porsche 928s4, which was about the hottest thing on the road when I bought it new!

• Options
    misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471

@donszr1 That 928S4 of yours was my "lottery car" for years (in other words, "If I win the lottery, first thing I'm gonna buy is..."). My favorite statistic: zero to 60 to zero in 9 seconds flat. That car was basically automotive whacking material, if you'll pardon the vulgarity.

• Options
    ckuersckuers Member Posts: 21

I don't understand why (for the second time I've seen) you're stating that turning Traction Control off hurt acceleration times, unless your numbers were entered improperly. While not a striking difference, the K900's acceleration times are BETTER with Traction Control turned off, according to your results.

The 328i xDrive Gran Turismo showed an even bigger performance increase with TC turned off (almost a full second in some cases), and you stated in that review "Because of the AWD, there's no advantage to shutting off traction control."

Are you writing the performance test summaries before reviewing the data?

• Options
    tempestingtempesting Member Posts: 21
    edited September 2014

@bassracerx said:
    with that big a v8 you would think it would be a little bit faster

You realize this is a large luxo cruiser?

• Options
    olyellerolyeller Member Posts: 2

Wait.....$66k? Lolz!