Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

GMC Yukon XL Brake issues

dbgeddbged Posts: 1
edited September 2014 in GMC

Anyone experienced unusually short lifespan of brake pads and rotor issues. We had brakes done, and rotors turned of course, in December 2012. I began noticing what I believed to be a brake shim in steering wheel in Sept 2013 and had it looked at month or two later as it became more severe and I was sure that's what it was. Well, pads were replaced (under warranty - saved me like $20) and rotors had to be resurfaced in November/December 2013. Well, noticed the same problem again this past weekend while driving it.

I understand harsh braking/driving personalities can cause this, but my wife drives the vehicle primarily and is no way a harsh braker to cause the rotors to be warped like this in less than a year for a 2nd time.