Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

'09 Ford Focus brake rotors plus ads. What to get to fix grinding noise?

crsuribecrsuribe Posts: 1
edited September 2014 in Ford

Ford Focus SEL 2009

I changed my brake pads recently but didn't change the rotors. The rotors are a little bit worn but still have some meat. Probably a good idea to replace them anyway though.

Since I changed the pads a noise started. It sounds like the grinding of a thin piece of metal against a harder surface; like the tin clips on the pads or the hardware/clips that hold the pads. Imagine if you were to grab one of those clips and rub it against the caliper once per rotation, so it's not a constant noise; it's more like during rotation at one point 2 surfaces make contact everytime, so as you gather speed the frequency of the grind increases.

It might not be a big deal but it bothers me enough that I'd like to fix it. So I'm thinking it's time to change the rotors and since I'm doing that, I guess new pads are in order too...

I have an amazon.com credit that I plan to use for this. Can you guys suggest a brand or a set that I can find on amazon that would be good quality and work well for what I'm trying to do?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1?rh=n:15684181,n:!15690151,n:15719731,n:15721631,n:46244011&ie=UTF8&qid=1409761991&vehicle=2009-54-679-744--1-9--8001----736--001-0