Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Car damaged by dealership. 2014 Nissan Altima.

implicatimplicat Member Posts: 1
edited September 2014 in Nissan

So long story I will try to make it short. I bought a new 2014 Nissan Altima SV from a local dealership. The first bad experience I had was the Nav SD Card was missing so they had to order a new SD Card. After driving the car for a few days I started hearing a noise coming from the moonroof area above the driver's seat. I took the car back to the dealership. The dealership held the car to do some checking and called me later that day. The service adviser advised me that I needed a new headliner...yes a new headliner in a brand new car. I was like wow really, okay!?!. The next day I get a call from the dealership saying the car is fixed and to come pick it up. I picked up the car and on the way home I noticed some scratches/marks on the center console that were not there when I dropped off the car. I then noticed the new headliner wasn't only dirty but appeared to have a blood stain on it. The headliner also wasn't installed correctly. So when I got out of the car I looked at the roof of the car and to my amazement there were numerous dents in the metal on the roof of the car. The dents were dented outwards, it appeared when they put the new headliner in they caused the damage. I called the dealer right away, the service manager was gone for the night. I sent him pictures via e-mail. The next morning I get a call from the dealership saying they had indeed caused the damage...they caused it but attempted to hide it from me. I told the dealership that the car needed to be replaced, because I had only had it 12 days. The dealer said no the only thing they were willing to do is fix the damage. I told the dealer with all do respect (none really because they showed me none by trying to hide the damage) I wont allow them to fix the problem and if anything I would take the car to another shop to get fixed. The dealer refused and said they would not pay for anyone to fix it and I had no choice but to bring it back to them.

So now I'm driving a damaged new car I have had for 12 days. Any suggestions, ideas?