Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Fuel Economy Update for August - 2014 Mazda Mazda3 S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mazda
imageFuel Economy Update for August - 2014 Mazda Mazda3 S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds reports the fuel economy for the month of August on its long-term 2014 Mazda 3 S Grand Touring. The Edmunds editors averaged 28.1 mpg for the month.

Read the full story here

Comments

• darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606

@bc1960: It's also possible-- even likely-- that the Edmunds team is harder on the throttle than EPA testing prescribes.

• bc1960bc1960 Member Posts: 171

Oh, certainly, but occasionally I've been trying to point out that among other things the EPA's new emphasis on the combined figure is more misleading than the prior sticker since you introduce not only uncertainties in the mileage tests themselves, but assume a specific split in driving milieu; so not matching the EPA combined doesn't necessarily mean you're actually getting worse mileage than the EPA predicts. That point was probably lost amidst the rambling. In multi-car families particularly I expect that at least one vehicle is probably driven far more miles as a local commuter than a long-distance traveler. Once I take my vacation in a few weeks I expect my own highway mileage to improve along with the overall.