Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Fuel Economy Update for August - 2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in BMW
imageFuel Economy Update for August - 2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.com conducts a long-term test of the 2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo and tallies up its fuel economy characteristics measured during the month of August.

Read the full story here

Comments

• darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606

It would be helpful to understand how the car is being driven to put the fuel economy data into proper perspective. Have you considered instituting a system that asks drivers to record how gently or aggressively they drove the car each day? Perhaps a simple 1-5 scale. Especially with small displacement turbocharged engines it's a huge question whether poor results are due to the manufacturer providing highly optimistic EPA estimates (and thus represent what everyday owners should expect to get) or come from journalists putting the car through its paces everyday.