Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2016 Mercedes-AMG GT S Arrives at Dealerships Next Spring | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz
image2016 Mercedes-AMG GT S Arrives at Dealerships Next Spring | Edmunds.com

The top-of-the-line 2016 Mercedes-AMG GT S sports car arrives at U.S. dealerships in spring 2015, followed by the base 2017 Mercedes-AMG GT launch in mid-2016.

Read the full story here

Comments

• "...since the GT sprints from zero-60 mph in 3.9 seconds, while the GT S shaves 2 seconds off that time." Um, I don't think the GT S will go to 60 in 1.9 seconds. Two tenths of a second off that time, maybe. AMG is good, but not that good.

That said, beautiful automobile - very classy, very British. Like all AMGs however, wait a couple of years to let depreciation take it's (heavy) toll. Also, work out the kinks on this new engine. Kudos AMG!

• benson2175benson2175 Vancouver, BCPosts: 68

Beautiful car. What's the SL for then? Will there still be an SL? Once this get's a drop top it essentially will be spiritually an SL. Mercedes has too many models but I guess it's the reality of a world economy and trying to fill every single bloody market niche. To me there will always be just four true MB models. C, E, S, SL. Everything else is suspect.

• veedubber86veedubber86 Posts: 57
    edited September 2014

I saw this car on the highway recently in Arizona! The test rig with the green and black camo, that it.

• This car is beautiful from every angle. If I won the lottery this would be the first car I buy.

• Is there a center console delete option?

• This car is very beautiful and it looks like a bird on the road... its just awesome..
    Thanks.. Jaslynn from Bizbilla b2b portal
  • mitt_zombie1mitt_zombie1 Posts: 32
    edited September 2014
    Buy one and put your mechanic's kids through ivy league schools....
    So unreliable you would feel scared taking it on a long trip.
    Nice car but just don't try to drive it like a daily driver.