Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer. What did I do?

rungejosh428rungejosh428 Member Posts: 1
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet
ok I was running an amp cable through the firewall on the drivers side I was using a metal coat hanger to push through the rubber grommet and I accidently touched a piece of metal under the hood and got a spark. now when I try to start it the only thing that works is the interior lights the dinger and the heater fan. what did I do please help.

Answers

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,146

ok I was running an amp cable through the firewall on the drivers side I was using a metal coat hanger to push through the rubber grommet and I accidently touched a piece of metal under the hood and got a spark. now when I try to start it the only thing that works is the interior lights the dinger and the heater fan. what did I do please help.

I've waited for someone to post here with their solutions. I see the poster hasn't logged back in since the day of the post, but may be checking back for comments.

My only comment is that I don't know exactly what may have been done with seeing the area and the wires adjacent. It's going to require investigation and electrical troubleshooting with a meter if I were doing it. There probably is a heavy fuse wire involved that will be bubbled from having done it's job as a fuse. I have not check circuit diagrams for this vehicle. Autozone may have diagrams that will help on their website if you log on with a free membership.

But this should remind everyone, that no matter how innocent the job is that you're doing around any electrical wiring on your car ALWAYS disconnect the battery negative ground from the battery to prevent sad results like this.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,