Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you considering a vehicle subscription service or did you previously consider one and decide against it? If so, a reporter would like to talk to you. Please reach out to [email protected] by 10/30 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Here Comes Mr. Obnoxious - 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2014 in Jaguar
imageHere Comes Mr. Obnoxious - 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds' long-term 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe is loud. Real loud. You might even call it obnoxious. For the most part, the editors love this about the new Jag.

Read the full story here

Comments

• This is actually my least favorite trait of the F-Type. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE that Jag went all out with this car's aural character. It's extremely refreshing that someone built a sports car that actually sounds like one. Having said that, it isn't my cup of tea for a daily driver. For a weekend plaything? Sign me up.
  • Couldn't agree more, @mercedesfan. As a weekend car, the over-the-top personality is fantastic, entertaining, and a joy. That probably wouldn't be the case on a daily basis or extended road trip though. That goes double for the exhaust note. I love the noise as much as the next car guy, but not as a constant companion on the highway, or in city centers where it reaches the ears of many as nothing more than noise pollution.
  • To me the truly great exhausts are the ones that are reasonably quiet when driving regularly and then let you know when you've stepped on it. I'm not a fan of a car making a racket when it isn't really moving or for that matter even telegraphing to the world that I'm pulling out of a parking lot a bit faster than usual.
  • grijongrijon Posts: 147
    I'm not familiar with the "loud exhaust" button this Jag is equipped with but if it gives over-the-top-always-talking when on and more-like-a-normal-sports-car when off, it sounds like it was made just for me. There are times when I want to hear
    E V E R Y T H I N G , and times when I don't - like Mike's example of 5am in the apartment parking lot. (Great post, Mike!)