Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Mood Lights. Nissan Rogue.

carolinabobcarolinabob Member Posts: 576
edited September 2014 in Nissan
The brochure for my 2014 Rogue indicates that all models have mood lights, but doesn't say where they are or when active. Contacted Nissan Customer Assistance and they said it has them in door handles and headliner when headlights are on. Any further questions must be referred to dealers.
When I turn headlights on, I do not see any lights around door handles or headliner or dash, other than dash lights.
Contacted dealer and service dept. has no knowledge of where they are. Sales Rep. tried to find them on Rogues at dealership, but cannot find anything.
Do Rogues actually have them? Does something have to be done to activate them? Where are they?
Thanks.
BTW, I have sent 4-5 questions to Nissan CA with questions. They either call me or send an e-mail (or both!). But, very specific that they cannot answer technical questions and they cannot contact anyone for answers to technical questions. All technical questions have to go to dealership. I find this strange and first car company I have had this situation with.

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Anyone?
  • Options
    Took car to dealer per Nissan instructions. They had no idea what I was talking about and contact Nissan HQ. Was told that the small light in center of overhead console is the mood light. This is incorrect as I have contacts with Nissan stating that this is the "console" light to shine on the console. Mood lights are in the door handles and either in overhead or elsewhere in interior. Dealer is going to contact Nissan again.
  • Options
    Met with Nissan Regional Rep. The "Console Light" which is on the overhead console is the "Mood Light" Misnomer/misuse of the term by Nissan in preparing the brochures.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Glad to hear that Nissan was finally in a mood to enlighten you. :p

My newest van has mood lights - I like the ones that are like inside puddle lights but the glow on the roof doesn't do it for me.