Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Expedition rear air controls

rayf3rayf3 Member Posts: 1
edited September 2014 in Ford
I have a problem with my controls for my rear air. When I put my control on to come out of the ceiling vents, the air continues to come out of the floor vent by the third seat. I also hear something like a door that sounds like it is opening and closing in the rear vent. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• alwaysfords2alwaysfords2 Member Posts: 339
    That is a broken blend door actuator. Luckily the floor to ceiling one is an easy 15 minute job. In the cargo area on the passenger side, under the quarter window there is a change tray type piece. You need to remove that and then look for a small beige box a little bigger than a deck of cards on top of the wheel arch. You may also want to remove the second row cup holders that are there if you need better access. Unclip its wires, unscrew it from the wheel arch and it will pop right off. Be careful at the parts counter, there are two of these back there and they are different part numbers. Make sure you specify floor to ceiling.