Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently bought/leased a new car online and requested a home delivery due to coronavirus? A reporter would like to speak to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 4/5 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Difficult Child Seat Install - 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,112
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz
imageDifficult Child Seat Install - 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Long-Term Road Test

This update to Edmunds long-term 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA includes discussion of the rear seat's child seat fasteners.

Read the full story here

Comments

• I will say that its no wonder that 90% of car seats are installed incorrectly. It's very difficult even on newer cars. Its fine if you just need to remove it once in a while to clean up the mess your toddler made, but if you're at the car rental place trying to get it installed (or worse in a taxi) or are in a hurry, it's bad. They need a better solution.
  • I encountered the same thing on a rental car -- had to invert the hook to use it in the space provided. Can't remember which car it was now, otherwise I would name & shame it here!
  • there is a solution - you can partially fold the seatback and fit the top anchor the right way - that's what I did on my wife's CLA