Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you considering a vehicle subscription service or did you previously consider one and decide against it? If so, a reporter would like to talk to you. Please reach out to [email protected] by 10/30 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Should I replace the turbo in my 2006 Subaru Outback XT with 175,000 miles?

mt77mt77 Posts: 2
edited September 2014 in Subaru
I recently took my car in for an oil change and the dealer suggested that I replace my turbo engine before it blows. It has been burning through oil, which I have been checking and have added about 8-10 quarts between the last oil change. The quote was $2500 to fix it now or wait until it blows and it will ruin the engine which will need to be replaced completely for an estimated cost of $10,000.
I still owe about $3500 on the car...so not really sure if I want to put any more $ into it. Any advise?

Answers

• dcm61dcm61 Posts: 1,564
    Get a 2nd/3rd opinion NOW.
  • mt77mt77 Posts: 2
    Ok. Thanks for the reply! This is definitely an issue I'm not taking lightly. There's a few other independent shops in the area that I trust, so I'll reach out to them.