Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Feds Probe 2006-'10 Toyota Corolla for Low-Speed Surging | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2014 in Toyota
imageFeds Probe 2006-'10 Toyota Corolla for Low-Speed Surging | Edmunds.com

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said it is reviewing an estimated 1.69 million 2006-'10 Toyota Corolla sedans following a consumer's petition that the cars can accelerate unexpectedly at low speeds.

Read the full story here

Comments

• corollamikecorollamike Posts: 29
    edited September 2014
    Maneuvering at slow speeds in my '09 Corolla S took some practice. A good example of "surging" is inching up behind a car at a stop light: a little too much pedal really does cause a sudden and quite unexpected surge of acceleration. The cause must be in the accelerator pedal calibration. And before any yahoo out there replies with the old and worn-out "operator error" comment, I can say my wife's '09 Ford Focus SEL, which I drive from time to time, is free from this kind of problem. As a matter of fact, the Corolla has been recalled for this or that 5 times, while the grand total of recalls for my wife's Focus is exactly zero.