Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G35 Sedan 2006 and earlier

Comments

• Options
    gabmangabman Member Posts: 284
    If you send your daughter over I will let you call me GRABMAN, if not then I am just plain old Gabman
  • Options
    memphisslim1memphisslim1 Member Posts: 37
    Are there no females posting or reading the quips here? If there are, would love to hear your take on G35 testosterone wit, umm, no, I guess I really don't mean that. Really, what are your thoughts on the G35? Are their any ladies doing the test driving and considering buying one. Inquiring minds want to know. I did an earlier post that the intended G market is primarily males (65%, see the URL), but judging but how much my wife likes our G35, once a women drives it something happens. Women look as much at the opposite sex as we do guys, they're just more subtle about it. As far as your's truly is concerned, having looked and test drove many vehicles, I think the G35 is the best bang for your buck in an upscale sport sedan out there right now. And it is a blast to drive and one sexy machine. Hey, has anyone done research on the affect of the G35 on the libido?
  • Options
    dmmattixdmmattix Member Posts: 77
    Well I am 54 (but act like I am 24 according to my wife).

I have been married to a redhead for over 30 years so you can say I like them too..

On the Audiworld forum there is a lady named April who races Alfa Romero Verde's. She is one of the most knowledgable folks on that forum. She is an ex-Audi Salesperson who currently represents one of the Audi tuners in California. I agree we need our own April/Verdegrrl (her forum name) here.

Mike
  • Options
    dafreakdafreak Member Posts: 154
    blueguydotcom: i will put it on my list of things to do this weekend....the only thing i would be concerned about with a Jaguar is reliability...I love the styling of the S-type and was even considering it until i heard of some of the problems the car has had...

memphisslim1: I agree...not many women chiming in...on the same note i see a lot of women driving the 3 series...a matter of fact yesterday during my test drive i encounterd 4 or 5 3 series and all were being driven by women...
  • Options
    gandhim3gandhim3 Member Posts: 191
    Check these pics posted at FreshAlloy.

http://forums.freshalloy.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=25;t=000242

Is the blue color the same one we get here in the US? BTW, for those considering it, the top four pics show what the body kit from Infiniti look like here in the US.

• Options
    jlanjlan Member Posts: 81
    When you talk about touching red headed dancers, well. . . .

And no - you can't have my daughter. Like every good father knows, NOBODY is worthy.

Got any daughters you would like to send to Texas?

[This is all intended to be tong in cheek.]
  • Options
    I think that BMWs are slowly becoming Jaguars. Where I work, there are four 3er BMWs, all of them owned by women.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, mind you. But just wondering if BMW will lose some of that hard edge to them that they have had in the past and become more like Jaguars.
  • Options
    g35manng35mann Member Posts: 37
    I've got plenty to kill, here, so I just started thinking...any typing. Sorry if I bore any of you.

I apologize to the folks here on the board about my impatient words concerning the Edmunds 'watch group' staff. I just found it totally invasive to be so utterly paranoid about asterisks substituting for alphabet letters, what with the true garbage which is floating around out there in 'Net land. Note, this is not an apology to the Edmunds board, or an acceptance of their 'policies', just a realization I have to play by the rules, or find someplace else. While I really like FreshAlloy, this board seems more my 'style', at least for now.

I did notice there is a message with very similarly camaflouged "vulgarity" posted by someone here, someone who is not well liked, yet I didn't see any chastisment from the higher ups. Makes me feel 'special', honestly. ;-)

Fortunately, I managed to navigate the rather aged switchboard system here at the hospital my wife is undergoing surgery at, as I type, and got the past 100 messages from overnight (hey, and got a 45.2 connection, too!!). This is a great way to pass the time, as to sleep, I'd have to go down to the car, and it's just too chilly out for that. I'm too cheap to waste the 4 gallons of fuel to have the heater run, too.

My wife, after testing the mini-SUV we have last night for entry/exit with a pretend immobilized lower left leg, suggested maybe we keep *it*, and just nuke my ghetto cruiser, '85 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance (it's so long so they could get the name on the rear flank), which I was working on getting rid of, anyway. She was mentioning, the trucklet, as we call it, has the trailer hitch, can carry some stuff we don't want in the cars, is a good foul-weather vehicle, and will be driveable by both of us, we hope, after some more surgery (it's a five speed, and her left ankle is right now becoming one big, non-flexible piece, hopefully my right elbow will be better with less "stuff" in it, later (I'm next up)). That eliminates any trade issues (WOO-HOO!), and keeps a third car around, for when her Dodge goes through the rest of it's 100K blues (it's at only 104K, now). I'd think, after the roadside timing belt/water pump replacement (challenging for me, and entertaining for the rest-area staff), all new front end parts (another area I'd never worked on), a rear motor mount, etc., I'd be done for a few years...but I fear it has a surprise for me in the shape of a transmission.... Ugh. Oh, yeah, and new struts... Cars are money pits, but...they are quite useful....

Anyway, G-related material. I still see myself in the market for one, and I will admit to having a weakness for silver cars (and motorcycles), of which the incoming desert platinum is...and it's loaded *just* like I'd want it. Now, I'll have two months, maybe three, of access to my wife's ride, as she ain't going *nowhere* by herself (or I'm taking the cars wheels with me to work), so, I can wait until some inventory stacks up.... Heh, heh. If six months=$2500, or maybe more, I'll wait. Plus, that *should* weed out some of the oddities which appear to be showing up. I'm really hoping Infiniti comes out with a 'flash' for the tranny's manual controls, as I'm leaning towards it should say "1" when you're stopped, and it should default to whatever gear you're in, otherwise. I.e., no 4th gear downshift when you're cruising in 5th in "D". Just my own desires, after driving, well, way to much in my measly 33 years. I used to drive a tour bus, during college, and I started thinking about time/miles logged behind the wheel/on motorcycles, and it was way too many. That, and Nirvana for me and my wife would be full-timing in a killer diesel pusher RV...yeah, like *that* would ever stay parked for long.... ;-)

I'm surprised at the two apparant age groups on this board...early-50's and my age, early-30's. Very interesting. I have to admit, my wife will be in her early-50's later this year, so maybe there is more than I thought to people my age being 'like' folks about 15-20 years older. I know I'm really part of the very end of "lost generation #2", and y'all are the very first part of it, as you're just after the Boomers, really.... After me are the generations 'the pundits' started referring to with letters (X, Y, Y-not...clever, sheesh (eye roll)), also known as the Baby Boomer's kids. I see why the G appeals to seemingly such a large audience. Y'all were brought up on large, family land barges, as was I, and this car appeals to the usefulness of said vehicles, yet gives much, much better performance and feel, yet isn't handicapped by sports car 'issues' (2 seats, 2 doors, not much trunk, etc.). It's almost perfect. If I were to design a car, it'd be about the G's size, get the best MPG possible, and be just under a 6 second 0-60, and be able to pull .9 on the skidpad, yet not jiggle the passengers to borderline insanity like I've experienced on whatever that freeway is from the Finger Lakes of NY to NYC. Those tilted pavement slabs beat me to death for about three hours while in a mid-80's Nissan PU (softbody, 1985.5). Ba-thump, ba-thump, ba-thump, ba-thump, nothing (sigh of relief), ba-thump, ba-thump...more consultation of the atlas to find a road going to the same place, even if it's a hour detour going through a dozen small towns...nothing...of course.

I figure my 'dream car' will be technologically feasable in about another 15 years. Just think, back in 1980, or thereabouts, the hottest Camaro had like an 8 second 0-60...and it was raved about, relatively, in the car mags. Granted, it was the best they had at the time, but the strides since then have been amazing. For example, if you have a Z06 Corvette, you have no worries about being 'taken' by the best the Musclecar era delivered. While I'd love to have a 1973 Dodge Challenger, with the 360 and a six-pack, it isn't very practical. Actually, if I had the chance to pick *exactly* what I wanted, it would be very tough to choose between a '55 Caddy convertible, a '59 Convertible (with the six-pack option, too) and a '58 Plymouth Fury sport coupe, with all the options. Ack, don't need to dwell on that the rest of the afternoon, here in the waiting room.

Okay, I've rambled on for about 45 minutes, that's enough punishment for you guys, today. Until tomorrow ;-)))

Kidding, I'll not go on like this again, more than likely.

G35Mann
  • Options
    jww551jww551 Member Posts: 43
    I agree it's a good looking EXTERIOR. The interior is just plain FORD. Add it Jaguar's reputation for poor quality and the fact that it's a new model and I'd be careful. I test drove one just to see what it was like, not bad but certainly not in a class with the G35 for power or handling.

Hey jlan - redheaded dancer for a daughter - between the rampaging hormone group and the DOM's on this board, you'd better be careful. Bet she looks good in the G35 - lol
  • Options
    I hope your wife gets better, soon
  • Options
    That Blue is cool, anyone need a Black G35 with 500 miles on it? Good deal here in Canada, even get daytime running lights for free.
  • Options
    She'll be fine, hopefully. Doc just went into her left hip to get a chunk of bone, which will weld itself to her left ankle, making it much less break-prone. Apparantly, you hit rocks hard enough, and enough bones spend time *outside* the body, they get weak and die...which ain't good. Plus, when three rather large screws which were holding it together, break, they've gotta come out, too. It seems titanium edges hurt a lot when they continuously cut stuff up, inside....

Funny how three hours of surgery doesn't sound like much when, last time, each of us were doing 10+ hour rounds, and multiple ones of those. Unless you saw me, or her, try walking, you'd never know. Well, my manual shifting is a bit clunky, as the right elbow doesn't cooperate, but it's getting there.

G35Mann
  • Options
    The possibility of a Canadian purchase, as I'm about four hours from Vancouver, BC. Hey, if I can save 5K, I'll read kilometers, and just get used to it, or I'll replace the speedo for a whopping $300, or whatever.

They have to have similar setups, gotta be close to the same.....

G35Mann
  • Options
    kd6aw1kd6aw1 Member Posts: 116
    Thanks for the offer of help, I only had one issue about my new G35 and that was the compass. At first it only had error lines but after a few turns it found itself and works fine. By the way my sweet wife is from North Vancouver, B.C. and she loves the car also. The last trip to Vancouver I met a guy with a Ferrari, I asked him how he liked the speedlimits and the hidden Mountie radar traps there and he just shook his head, when I see the 30km speedlimits there I just wonder what they are thinking, I guess it's revenue. Thanks again.

Paul
  • Options
    68bullitt68bullitt Member Posts: 177
    OK, you guys. I finally went and test drove the G35 during lunch today. Here are my initial impressions after a short 20 minute test drive (on my lunch break). There's good news and there's bad news.

The car I drove was a silver w/ graphite interior, premium pkg., sunroof, NON-sports suspension.

The good news:

1. I saw a Twilight Blue car and I liked it.
    2. The engine is very powerful and loves to pull.
    3. The brakes worked very well (perhaps a little too well).
    4. The Bose stereo sounded OK but I did not compare it to a standard radio so hard to say if it's worth the money.
    5. The steering wheel radio controls worked very well.
    6. The accelerator pedal was very responsive.
    7. Did not notice the bump in the foot well so it did not bother me at all. (I'm 6'1", 165 lbs.)
    8. The 5-spoke wheels on an STS model (already sold) looked awesome in person (as I expected they would).

The bad news:

1. The automatic transmission shifted abruptly (but that may be because I'm used to driving a stick).
    2. The manual mode was weird. Sometimes it shifted on its own and sometimes it did not.
    3. The ride was very stiff even without the STS. Didn't feel as compliant as my last BMW.
    4. The amber lighted dash was not all that legible, also hard to see the redline on the tach (hopefully that will be improved on the manual version).
    5. The power outside mirrors switch was located in a very inconvenient location underneath the steering wheel.
    6. The power windows made a popping sound just before they went all the way up (perhaps a window seal problem).
    7. The steering feel was less crisp than I was hoping for.
    8. The spoiler on an STS version looked awful (as I expected it would). Both STS cars the dealer had, had the Aero Pkg. (as we know, pre-orders had no choice on this).

Overall, it's a pretty good car for the price. Definitely one of the most powerful. However, I was not as impressed as I hoped I would be. Perhaps my expectations were raised to unrealistic heights from all the posts on this board. It's like seeing a movie that's been hyped to death, even if it's a good movie, you usually end up disappointed because you were expecting so much more. Or it's like that roll in the sack with said supermodel, you'll probably end up disappointed because you were expecting it to be the most amazing thing since sliced bread.

One comment I want to make is that this car absolutely begs for a manual transmission. There's so much power in the engine that I think the automatic transmission gets confused and can't keep up and hunts and pecks for the right gear. This is absolutely a sports car and the only way that powerful engine can be tamed is with a manual transmission.

For the price, this is still a great bargin compared to a BMW. However, I'll have to concede that maybe BMW dealers can breathe a little easier.

We'll see what happens when the 6-speed arrives. It could change everything for me.
  • Options
    Actually she looks good in lots of things! Fortunately, her mother helps in that department.

I, like Gabman, am in the mid-40s - can't tell if that makes me part of the RHG or a DOM. Don't think I'm at mid-life yet, so no crisis that I know of. But, like most, I certainly enjoy a tale of a lusty encounter that involves fondling a wine bottle.

As for the daughter, she's only 10. Therefore, we better be really careful or we will be in the news right after the Yahoo Candyman ring.
  • Options
    stooge2000stooge2000 Member Posts: 96
    I guess it is all a matter of taste and perception. During my test drive, I found the ride very pliant, but had some concern about the throaty engine note. You found the ride "very stiff", but mentioned nothing about engine intake noise level. Hmm...
    I still think the G35 has the best combination of ride, performance, reliability and value. Every car design is the result of many compromises. No single car could be #1 in each and every catagory.
  • Options
    35fan35fan Member Posts: 40
    The blue here is much darker. I saw one at the dealer the other day and at first glance thought it was black. It's very dark navy blue. It did look good.
    For example, it's darker than the dark blue on the Edmund's website and the dark blue shadow on the Internet Explorer icon on my computer. :-)
  • Options
    For a member of the raging hormone group, I have been a gentleman compared to some of these dirty ol' men.

Bet some of them are getting emails from the Edmunds moderators as I type this. Hehe.

Back to the G35.
  • Options
    My hopes have been confirmed. I want a car in a very dark, almost black, blue color. Woohoo!

Anyone considering the lower body aero cladding? I like it. Don't like the decklid spoiler though.
  • Options
    scotth501scotth501 Member Posts: 56
    I agree with you about looking for a vehicle that avoids the sports car issues. That's the main reason I was looking at the S4, TL-S, 330, etc. I still want a car that performs well (fits into the driving style I'm used to) -- without giving up everything to gain a couple of seats, lower insurance and fuel costs, less road noise. I guess that's why sedans are considered "practical". I'm still undecided on the G35 -- I'm getting more interested in hearing details on the M45, but it's probably just another box. Well, that an the RX-8.

If you have photos of you on your motorcycles, you should send them to my little sister. She started up a website when she bought hers a year ago and she's posting things she gets. I think it was mainly for women who like to ride, but she has a page of stuff guys have sent her. Just ignore the parts where she's making fun of me. http://www.bikergoddess.com

Scott

• Options
    68bullitt68bullitt Member Posts: 177
    Forget the car! Who's that cute Japanese babe standing next to the silver G35 (third pic down)? As every male has obnoxiously asked at one time or another at an auto show: "Uh, does the girl (or model) come with the car?"

As previously posted: http://forums.freshalloy.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=25;t=000242

• Options
    Scott, with the gun page and all, it looks like she can hold her own. I guess being a biker and shooting a gun she can make fun of you without much threat in return.

Gandhim, no censoring emails yet - whew!

Well, off to the country club for dinner with the family.
  • Options
    neo_gtrwneo_gtrw Member Posts: 76
    When I test drove the car, I didn't think the ride was stiff at all. This is why I'm waiting for the sports model, which I hope will sacrifice some ride comfort for even more cornering ability. One time I got to ride in a friend's Porsche 911; now that was one stiff ride. There's no way I can live with that car everyday.
  • Options
    norcalmike2norcalmike2 Member Posts: 133
    I always take a tire pressure gauge with me when I go out on test drives. Sometimes the cars sit on the lot for months. It's common practice to over-inflate the tires because they know the car will be sitting for a long time. Once I checked a passenger car tire on the lot and it had 65 pounds of air! That may explain the stiff ride. For the record; strawberry blonde hair on a woman is THE sexiest, bar none! Hey, what do you expect from a guy who ordered a base cloth?
  • Options
    blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Member Posts: 6,249
    I find it plush. I'd certainly opt for the STS or do some after-market work on the car's suspension. It feels good but it's not tight enough in corners.
  • Options
    kegelskegels Member Posts: 20
    I've been driving the STS w/ Aero pkg for a few days now and i'm getting addicted to its power and handling. It's an absolute blast to drive - loves to be driven fast and hard. I've gone past 100 mph a couple of times and had to ease up in fear of getting a sppeding ticket.
    I think the rear spoiler complements the rear profile of the car. I personally think it looks great.
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    As someone just implied, sexual references to the degree in which some of you have indulged within the last 24 hours are not at ALL appropriate in the Town Hall.

I have removed a couple of posts and probably should removed a lot more. Please understand that we need to get back on topic and leave OUT the sexual references and innuendoes.

Thank you.

Pat
    Host
    Sedans Message Board
  • Options
    I'm leaving on a jet plane.........don't know how the rest of the song goes......in the AM. My silver with strawberry blonde ;-) cloth interior G35 is at the dealership. Dennis says he can sell the cloth ten fold if I don't want it. Looks like I'm not the only cheepo G35 consumer out there. On the road again.......don't know how that song goes either.
  • Options
    bz2yx9bz2yx9 Member Posts: 30
    I got a call from my salesman today telling me they were going to go pick up my car tomorrow. Guess they got tired of me calling every day :-) It'll be ready for me Saturday. Awesome! They were originally telling me 1st or 2nd week in April.

I got a great deal in Shreveport. Meanwhile I need to turn in my leased Bimmer here in Dallas. So... I'm taking a Casino bus to Shreveport Saturday for $10. Can't beat that deal. I'll then have a 200 mile road trip to break the car in nice and proper...
  • Options
    My road trip will be about double your 200 miles. Looks like we get to be the gas tank range reporters! I'm going to go nuts driving up Interstate 5 and trying to keep it under warp speeds. Have a great trip!
  • Options
    maybeg35maybeg35 Member Posts: 186
    Drive safe!
  • Options
    bz2yx9bz2yx9 Member Posts: 30
    There's a lot of open road between Shreveport and Dallas. Ahhh man... Do I really have to break it in first? :-( This trip might turn into a torture test, but man am I looking forward to it!
  • Options
    sawjaisawjai Member Posts: 23
    I've been following this message board ever since it started. I too have been in the market for a G35, Audi A4 3.0, BMW 330i, and IS300; and have made some of my own reasonable deductions from the information that has been provided on this board. I have friends that own the IS300 and BMW 328i and have made the decision (after test driving as well) to take those two out of by vehicle purchase list. My friend with the BMW has had nothing but problems with the electrical system and is getting pretty fed up with taking the car in for service. She loves how it drives and I would have to agree, but for the amount of money spent... I would have expected better. I know I shouldn't take one scenario into consideration, but I don't want to take the unnecessary risks (especially since I plan on keeping this car long term). As for the IS300 it too is a very nice car... I like the styling (personal preference) but the interior is quite small...(this is coming from a guy that is only 5'6" and a buck thirty). One other major factor in my purchase is the fact that here in Silicon Valley.... everyone drives BMWs and Lexus and I rather drive something that is a bit off of the beaten path.

This leads me to the G35 and Audi 3.0. My top choice is still the G35 for the bang for the dollar, styling and overall package. Audi 3.0 though is a very close second... the final test drive of the G35 will decide if I purchase an Infiniti or an Audi. Hopefully I can get over this flu bug... to do a prelim. test drive of a non-STS G35 at the dealer I am currently working with. The car I ordered Brilliant Silver, Nav., Sport, Premium, Xenon, Winter (Basically a fully loaded car less the Aero package) is sitting at port, but won't be up here for a least another week or two. Argh! Since I want to touch and feel the car I would be purchasing.... I can't make any additional decisions until then. Thank god I have a great deal of patience.
  • Options
    ruskiruski Member Posts: 1,566
    Buicks for the longest time tried to look like Jaguar. They use the Jaguar cues in many cars - Le Sabre, Park Avenue, Riviera (btw I used to have a supercharged 96 Riviera and loved it). The cues are - prominent, chrome, toothy grille, oval or ovoid in shape. Also "shoulders" on the hood and trunk. Also the tapered rear.

Hey whoever has a dancing redhead daughter - what kind of dances does she dance?
  • Options
    faenorfaenor Member Posts: 99
    Well, its now confirmed, foursome for dinner... Anyone in the San Francisco Bay area? We'll be at Kokkari's (Best Greek food in the Bay Area!) Saturday at eight-thirty. If you can find us and your Civil, have some dinner there and stop by our table and say "Hi" :)

Some hints beside the easy to spot stunning redhead, will be my wife the equally stunning raven haired beauty... She's Japanese.

I'd describe myself and the other gentleman with us, but I know anyone who stops by will be scanning for the women anyway *laughing*

According to a humorous prearranged plan she will be in a green dress to match their jaguar x-type and my wife has a very nice strapless white dress to match my G35!

You just have to love it when the girls like to play... Though I really think they are just in it for the dinner and the night out!

Faenor/Dane4
  • Options
    Boy you really know how to put a fella on the spot. Saturday at 8:30 I'll be zooming thru the city on the last leg of my 435 mile maiden voyage from L.A. to Sacramento. Hmmmm, let me see now. Keep driving the G car or stop by at Kokkari's and meet two stunning beauties. Hang on, I'm thinking here. OK, minds made up! I'll be the guy on the freeway in the silver G35 with strawberry blonde cloth interior honking, waving, smiling, and looking in my rear view mirror for the police cars as I zoom by your eatery. Have a great time!!
  • Options
    stooge2000stooge2000 Member Posts: 96
    Dane4
    Too bad I am 2,600 miles away in Wilmington, DE. Give my regards to the pretty ravenhaired, and find out if the redhead is a ballet dancer. Enjoy.
  • Options
    bobsanbobsan Member Posts: 5
    http://www.awroadandtravel.com/company/backissues/backissues.html

check this link and you will find a couple of gals that have reviewed & tested several cars over the past years and you may want to invite them to join your forum or even better get one to write and review a G35 and listen what the other gender has to say.

good luck and check the pictures too!!!

just want to cheer up this lively forum !!

• Options
    dl7265dl7265 Member Posts: 1,381
    My first vsit to a BMW dealer i had the same inpression, then i realized, what a relaxing situation it is . Isnt eveyone allways complaining about "pressure salesman ?" I applaude their practices.

In comparision, last week while on vaction i had a Infiniti salesman leave me 3 voice mails in one day!! Dude one is plenty..... sheesh

DL
  • Options
    hvan3hvan3 Member Posts: 630
    Unfortunately, we are expecting rain this Saturday in Southern CA.

If you are driving back from Thousand Oaks in your new G35, I recommend taking the Hwy 101. The rodes are more scenic than the Hwy 5. It's long and curvy in certain area. On your left hand side, there's a beautiful view of the Pacific Ocean. What a joy it will be to drive through Venture County and San Luis Obispo with the windows rolled down and the moonroof wide open (assuming there's no rain on Saturday)!!

Hey Dane:
    How about a digital picture of that beautiful redhead you've been gawking at? You're killing us with the suspense! LOL
  • Options
    stsurbrookstsurbrook Member Posts: 285
    Has anyone had a chance to test drive one of these in eastern Montana? There is no speed limit on Interstate Highways during daylight hours... :)

As for the STS, I spoke to our dealer today and a "plain Jane" arrived (Leather & STS only), so I should get a chance to drive it Saturday AM.

BTW, for those of you out there, be easy on the redheads, I'm married to one. :) Also, I'm 38, she's 29+ and probably will be for life :), and we have a 2-1/2 year old daughter.

g35mann - You mentioned the hope of cars with high HP and great MPG. Well, Honda has a new concept car that is a 4-door, puts out 400HP, and is rated at 42MPG. It is a gas-electric hybrid. Guess we will all be getting that in another 5-10 years... just about the time I'll be ready to turn in the G35 I hope to pick up in another 2-3 months.

For those of you who live in the Pacific NW, I envy you. I used to live up around Mount Vernon (LaConner) and spent many an hour on Chukanut (sp?) Drive between Burlington and Bellingham. Yee-haw! Was that fun with my old RX-7. Would LOVE to get a chance at it in a G35! (If you haven't driven it, it is a winding road that follows the coast between the two, about 20 miles long and A LOT of fun!)

Also, I don't know if anyone noticed the link to the left about the 2003 G35 First Drive review by edmunds.com, but thought you might want to read it. However, I just don't get the praise about the BMW's interior... I just thought it was really plain. Go figure.

Scott
  • Options
    kegelskegels Member Posts: 20
  • Options
    a3a12498a3a12498 Member Posts: 17
    I picked up my silver on black G35 on Wednesday. It has the following:
    - Premium package
    - Winter package
    - full size spare
    - sun roof
    - sports package
    - navigation
    - Bose stereo
    - aero package with spoiler
    I have taken a few preliminary pictures, especially the spoiler, altough it was lousy day for picture taking. If you want the 1.9 MB .pdf file with them in approx. 7x10 size, e-mail me at:
    rparkins@infotel-systems.com
  • Options
    riezriez Member Posts: 2,361
    a3a12498... What was the final MSRP for you car? Seems like yours is pretty fully loaded and might be pushing around $37,000 window sticker. Buy or lease? What did you pay for it?
  • Options
    jww551jww551 Member Posts: 43
    I ordered the same car as a3a12498 and the sticker came to 36,240. I'd comment on some of the other posts but apparently the Edmunds staff is humor impaired.
  • Options
    Are you the same richard in VCR that I am talking to on freshalloy.com, must be?
  • Options
    She does ballet and some contemporary. But remember, she is 10 years old. So, be careful of your comments or Pat will be back! ;-)
  • Options
    pdrumans1pdrumans1 Member Posts: 48
    If anyone has driven or purchased the base luxury model with the 16 inch wheels, I would be interested in hearing what they thought of the ride and handling on that model. I remember a recent Car and Driver test (one of the popular car magazines anyway) that tested several near luxury models including the IS300 with its optional 16 inch wheels. They stated that the smaller wheels created a major difference in the handling.
  • Options
    memphisslim1memphisslim1 Member Posts: 37
    Don't know whether it's me or not, but has anyone else had difficulty in coming to a gradual stop without the G kind of jerking when you finally stop (when using the automatic)? When I use the manual setting, it is very easy to ease to ease to a complete stop without the the last second jerk back. I realize that this could just be me getting used to the brakes, or perhaps I need break the brakes in (no pun intended) a while longer. With this said, my G35 continues to grow on me. The suspension, which I first thought was a bit too tight, is now I realize (after a couple of hundred miles) just right since it communicates road feel so well and the car feels to me like it corners on rails.
This discussion has been closed.