Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Honda air conditioner problem

rmillsmanrmillsman Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in Honda
I have a '91 Honda civic LX and the air cond. is not working. When turned on the condenser doesn't run, nor does the fan. I wonder if maybe there is a fuse somewhere that can be checked other than the fuses on the fuse block below the dash.
2 years ago I couldn't get any cold air out of it, and the Honda dealer replaced a bunch of parts for close to $500.00.

Comments

• lngtonge18lngtonge18 Posts: 2,228
    Do you mean the ventilation fan doesnt come on when you turn it on? If so, than a fuse could be blown, the fan switch may be bad, or the AC relay quit working. I do believe some of the major relays and fuses are kept under the hood. It should be easily visible and is usually near the air filter housing. Hope that helps a little.
  • peach5peach5 Posts: 1
    I put my Nissan Sentra 90,000 miles. Recently the AC doesn't work any more. I went to check it, and they told me no refrigerant. then 37QTY refrigerant costed me more than 100 Dollars with labor fee.
    After that, I just used it once and found it couldn't cool again! Then I went to check it again, and they told me it needed to replace condenser and receiver-drier and some small stuff, then it costed me 380 dollars with labor. After I got the bill, I found they added 26 QTY refrigerant again.
    Then I used it twice and found it couldn't work again!! and then I sent my car to check again!! This time I really didn't know what the result would be because I haven't got my car back.
    Well, I'm really exhausted with this! and I have no any idea with a car. Could someone please tell me what happened? and did it need to add too much refrigerant every time? Does it worth 500 dollars and can't work at all?!
    Thanks a lot!
    Any sugesstion please email me at [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.