Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

'01 Toyota TRD PreRunner Xtra cab

human_guisehuman_guise Posts: 14
edited March 2014 in Toyota
I'm just a little nervous, since this will be my first new vehicle. I am joining a credit union this week, what can I expect? How are the prices set? I am mainly curious to know if there is some headroom for haggling, since I know down to the dollar how much the options I want are. Who has had experience dealing with buying through their credit union's financing department vs. the dealer's financing power? Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Anyone can by a car from a toyota fleet dealer. Call you local toyota dealer and ask for the fleet dept. To figure out the fleet price...take the invoice price multiply by 2% (.02). take that total (invoice + 2%) and multiply that by 10% (AZ sales tax) for tax/title/reg. SO my new extd cab 4x4 w/everything was out the door at 25200. Most people start at 25,000 for my truck w/o tax/title.
    USE A CREDIT UNION! It is a lot easier to get preapproved, makes negotiations easier.

GOOD LUCK!
  • I was 23,400. The only option on my 4X4 Xtree cab V6 that I didn't get was the sunroof. SR5...not the limited.

human_guise -
    Check out the post I put in the Tacoma Xtra Cab V6 section. Should help you a bit.

John
  • I picked up my 4x4 with everything but leather for OUT THE DOOR 24,249. If I wanted the 100,000 mile "road side / wear and tear" coverage it would have been an extra 800.
This discussion has been closed.